Tropical storm Flossie kept me out of the water today, which made me realize how much I missed being beneath the surface and observing the life below.  Normally when we think of ocean life, we picture the creatures that use the resistance of water to dart around the reef or the ones that crawl along the ocean floor.  But a few days ago it was another kind of animal that caught my attention.  Usually I am focusing on all the action happening on the reef, except this time it was the reef that intrigued me.  It brought a smile to my face to think how amazing it is to see such a healthy reef and reminded me how important it is to protect the reef so we can all enjoy it's magnificence and the creatures that call the reef home.

And don't forget to thank the zooxanthellae!







Comments

Popular Posts